Monday, March 12, 2007

Where I stand now

ok, technically, I'm sitting at my comp. on a chair. which ain't too comfortable coz' neither the ischium(ischia(?) @ plural - the butt bones) nor the wooden chair I'm sitting on have the consistency of a cheese cake. sigh* how i pine for those. cheese cakes that is. anyway, the land i live in right now doesn't quite know how or what cheese cakes are made. double sigh*
I live in Chennai. Madras as it was formerly fondly knowns as. It's a dirty old city along the east coast of the Indian peninsula ( hey this thing has spell check! I'd never have spelled peninsula right otherwise) I hated this place when i first got here( a decade ago) and i guess the place grows on you. it did on me at least. love it to bits now, dirt, traffic, local cheese cakes and all.
so that settles the geographical location: i stand on Madrasi terrain for the record.

I'm all of 23 and it doesn't seem like it's been 23 years at all! it seems like i graduated out of primary school only a year ago, and then again, it seems like i signed up at med school eons ago! heck, WHEN am i gonna be a doc?! A shrink might point out that it seems that way coz i had a horrible childhood and a wonderful time at med school. nay. on the contrary i had an awesome childhood and a horrible horrible time at med school. ok, not that horrible. but not that good either. i especially hate the studying bits of med school, not to mention that the day starts darn too early for a medico. this settles the chronology, which by the way seems rather warped most of the time for me, and i do hope to sort it out in these rantings of mine.

Most of my rantings will be rantings. raves and craves too sometimes. but mostly Cribs,Gripes and the like. no, i'm not a pessimist expecting LIFE to dish me out the worst of its stock( i realise that if i had the worst of the stock, i'd probably be hypoglycemic, blind with a subnormal IQ, hypoglycemic being the worst of the lot. i need food. kapish?)
but LIFE has dealt me a few hard blows( hard is a very very relative term) and i might just about cover them in my blogs. might. and oh, i have two artificial teeth. one of the hardest blows LIFE has dealt me.

see, toldya hard is a very very relative term.

i don't work. i aint a student. I'm in between. Hope to metamorphosize into an intern in a couple of weeks. hope coz, its gonna take a miracle for me to clear my final year.fingers crossed. toes and eyes too*

i started this post thinking that it'll end up in a gooey mess, coz i didn't think i knew where i stood. but, what do u know?! i DO know. am 23 and aging, a budding doctor, blissfully unaware of what is in store for me and I'm rooted in India. a country i hope to explore in the course of my lifetime. well it didn't turn out too gooey coz this post has been all about the facts, hasn't it?
and for the record, i am NOT fat. a fact. plump, maybe. a hazy fact. but a fact nonetheless.
cheers,
quack*

No comments: